Written by Dr Joshua David Stone as Posted in Spiritual Psychology
“Glamour is not dispelled by paying close attention to it. It disappears by the power of clear and steadfast meditation, and the freeing of one’s self from self attention.” Djwhal Khul, As Channeled By Alice A. Bailey
In my travels through life as a spiritual teacher, spiritual psychologist, and disciple on the path, I have become aware of many of the pitfalls and traps of the spiritual path. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on this subject for I have fallen into most of them.
I highly recommend you meditate and concentrate very deeply on the following list. Although very short on words, they are profound in insight.
My purpose in sharing these with you is to save you suffering, karma, and delay in your path of ascension that comes from not learning these lessons. The spiritual path is very easy on one level, and incredibly complicated on another.
There are glamors, snares, and traps that the negative ego and dark forces provide every step of the way. Making mistakes and falling into these is okay. My concern is helping you to not stay stuck in them for extensive periods of time. and in some cases for many lifetimes. With this brief introduction I will begin.
Traps, Snares, and Pitfalls of the Spiritual Path
1. Giving your personal power away. (This applies to giving it to other people, your subconscious mind, to your negative ego, five senses, physical body, emotional body, mental body, inner child, to a guru, to the Ascended Masters, to God.) Ponder on this for there is much wisdom in this short little sentence.
2. Trap number two, loving others, but not loving yourself.
3. Trap three is not recognizing your “negative ego” as the source of all your problems.
4. Trap four. Focusing on God, but not properly integrating and parenting your inner child.
5. Trap five. Not eating right and getting enough physical exercise which results in physical illness, which then limits all other levels.
6. Trap six is people who are deeply into the spiritual life, but don’t recognize the psychological level that needs to be understood and mastered also.
7. Trap seven, “Material desire”.
8. The trap and glamour of power. This glamour is a trap of power that is held over others once one becomes successful.
9. Trap nine is becoming too ungrounded which then has a deleterious affect on one’s physical body.
10. Trying to escape earth, instead of creating heaven on earth.
11. Seeing appearances instead of seeing the true reality behind all appearance.
12. Trying to become God, instead of realizing you already are the Eternal Self, as is everyone else.
13. Not realizing that you cause everything.
14. Serving others in total before you have become self actualized within yourself.
15. Thinking that there is such a thing as “righteous anger”. Anger is a big trap for people.
16. Becoming an extremist, and not being moderate in all things.
17. Thinking you have to be ascetic to be spiritual.
18. Becoming too serious and not having enough joy, happiness and fun in your life.
19. Not being disciplined and unceasingly continuing your spiritual practices.
20. Stopping your spiritual practices and studies when you get involved in a relationship.
21. Putting a relationship before self and God – a major trap.
22. Letting your inner child run your life.
23. Being too critical and hard on yourself.
24. Getting caught up in the glamour and illusion of the psychic powers.
25. The trap of owning your power but not learning to surrender to God simultaneously; or surrendering to God, but not learning to own your power simultaneously.
26. The trap of losing your personal power when you get physically tired and exhausted.
27. The trap of expecting God and the Ascended Masters to solve all your problems.
28. The trap of allowing yourself to go into “automatic pilot” and losing your vigilance.
29. The trap of giving your power to channeled entities.
30. The trap of reading too much and not meditating enough.